Covid 19 update from Lindean Guest House
Updated June 2020
We want to share with our guests the measures we have in place to ensure the protection of all at Lindean Guest House.
Further down this page, please take a moment to review our 10 Key Points information.
During lockdown, we have researched and sourced professional products and guidance allowing us to disinfect and clean our house and rooms, aiming to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
As a result, we’ve made some changes that we’d like to share with you. These are all to do with minimising the risk of contracting and spreading the coronavirus. These points are constantly reviewed and updated in line with current Government best practice.
Summary of main changes:
- We strongly request that you contact us ahead of your arrival to advise your arrival time and to check on any updates to these processes.
- Rooms will remain unoccupied adhering to - or exceeding - Government guidelines between guests to limit the potential presence of viruses. On departure. rooms will be aired for a minimum of 4 hours, and often much longer.
- Until the end of the crisis period and any change of Government advice. we may need to wear masks and we will practise social distancing in all communal areas.
- We have risk assessed touch points in our communal areas and increased and intensified our cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout.
- All food on site is prepared and served by ourselves.
- Room 3 has exclusive use of adjacent Room 4 for at-table eating, although there is room to sit and enjoy cold snacks and drinks in the room too.
- Room 2 has a table for dining in the room; should you not wish to eat in your room, then you can use nearby Room 4, subject to availability.
- We cannot allow communal use of the ground floor breakfast room which is now reserved for the exclusive use of Room 1 guests, unless you are advised otherwise on your arrival.
- You can communicate with us via a room WhatsApp group; please provide a mobile number when booking to facilitate this. Ours is 07711 589130.
- All decorative items have been removed from rooms. Each bed will always offer professionally cleaned linen. Pillows will be rotated with 72 hours' airing between guests. They will have fresh pillow protectors for each new arrival.
- Please wash your hands when you reach your room and each time you leave your room. There is also hand sanitiser available on the first and ground floors.
- During this period of higher risk, we will not be servicing your room during your stay. Please tie up rubbish bags, leaving outside your room for collection at 11am each day.
- Additional supplies of towels, toiletries and refreshments can be requested at any time via WhatsApp or by calling 01387 251888 between 9am and 9pm.
- Following the strict Government guidelines, if a guest shows symptoms of any viruses during their stay, they must leave immediately to return home to follow the Government’s self-isolation protocol. Where a stay is curtailed, a refund will be issued.
If a guest feels unwell during their stay, please call 01387 25188, 24 hours a day
We know this is a lot to take on board, but we’re here to support you in making your stay as pleasant as possible.
You can help us by:
- Observing Government guidance on social distancing and face coverings;
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitising gel;
- Tell us if you feel poorly or start to display symptoms;
- Ensure we have your mobile number, address and email for any contact tracing requests;
- Read the 10 key points below.
Please adhere to social distancing measures throughout your stay.
We are ventilating public areas as much as possible to allow increased air circulation.
Please use the alcohol-based hand sanitising units frequently and on entering or leaving the building.
We are adhering to strict safety procedures while serving all food.
We only accept pre-payment by card. No cash please. Our cancellation policy is to refund 100% of monies paid if cancellation made 24 hours prior to 3pm on day of arrival.
We have WhatsApp groups for each room and you can message us on these if you provide your mobile number. Ours is 07711 589130.
- Pillows will be rested after each departure, for 72 hours, with pillows provided with clean pillow protectors and pillowcases for each guest arrival.
- We are increasing our cleaning frequency throughout, paying attention to high traffic areas and items.
- Your room will not be serviced during your stay, but you can always request additional towels, toiletries and refreshments.
- We are intensively cleaning our rooms after every stay, adhering to - or exceeding - Government guidelines for airing between guests.
We are providing single-use refreshment and toiletries packs for your stay. Please take any items you wish away with you or please place unwanted items in the bin provided as new packs will be provided for arriving guests.
Please feel free to drop your key in the receptacle at reception which will minimise contact between us, but we are there to see you off from a safe distance if required.
If Government guidance requires it, we will be wearing face masks in our public areas.
Our 24-hour emergency number is 01387 251888.